Sunday, January 08, 2006

I hate Tweener Time

Tweener Time that period between the end of the regular football season and the beginning of baseball season. I will watch the NFL playoffs with passing interest (I chose to go see "Munich" last night instead of watching New England take on Jacksonville...one was a slaughter televised worldwide and one was a movie directed by Steven Spielberg).

I perused my roster for my keeper fantasy baseball league and it just reminded me that there was still about 3 months until the beginning of the regular season. I'm reading the poker books I got for Christmas, but haven't had the occasion to get away to the Bike and apply whatever new knowledge I think I have.

But hey, today is Jeff Weaver Day (what, you didn't have your calendar marked?), so at least something baseball will or won't happen today.

Speaking of calendars, I'm looking up at my 2006 Dodger one now and January is adorned by...Milton Bradley. Jose Valentin, Jeff Weaver and Jason Phillips also adorn the pages of it, which makes me wonder whether the people who put these out know that some of these guys had one year contracts or were soon to be free agents. Was there something wrong with Oscar Robles, Dioner Navarro or Hee Seop Choi? (Insert joke here that Tracy's last Dodger responsibility was putting the 2006 calendar together).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home