Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tampa Bay is a beautiful place to live Bobby...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=2210786

After Saturday's news conference:

Frank: "Whew. I'm glad that's over. Thanks again, Tommy, for providing your wisdom and guidance through this process."

Tommy: "You're welcome Mr. McCourt. I could not have done this without the wonderful fans that support the Dodgers. I tell ya, they're the greatest fans in the wor..."

Frank: "Tommy, both cameras are gone. It's just you and I now."

Tommy: "Oh OK good, now down to business. I have a couple names to throw at you. First off, Bobby Valentine would make a wonderful manager. He's like a son to me Frank."

Frank: "Tommy, is there anyone in your actual family that you like? You say Bobby's like a son to you, Mike Piazza is like a grandson and Vince Piazza is like a brother. You know me Tommy, I'm more inclined to hire people that really are family, not just like family."

Tommy: "Frank, what'd I say about speaking unless spoken to. Now, let me tell you about Bobby Valentine. He's a proven winner and a true Dodger."

Frank: "Great, just what Plaschke will love to hear. What's his resume? How many division championships has he won?"

Tommy: "Well, none. Plenty of second place finishes though. I guess he does represent going back to 'the Dodger way' if you long for the 1996-2003 Dodgers."

Frank: "Actually, I do. During that time, the value of the franchise tripled! What about GM?"

Tommy: "I'm telling you Frank, I love Jimmy Bowden. He verbally pimp-slapped Dan Evans once and defended my honor...I mean the honor of this great Dodger organization, which has the world's greatest fans. I can't say enough about the fans of this..."

Frank: "Tommy, again they're gone. It's just you and me"

Tommy: "Right. Anyway, Jim Bowden produced exactly one division championship in his 11 seasons as Cincy's GM. But they always showed a great competitive fire and heart. But it shows your wisdom Mr. McCourt because Depodesta already won a division title. And Jim Bowden is much better than he was and so we would have had to sit through another 10 years of not giving these fans a winner."

Frank (looking confused): "I'm not sure I follow you Tommy."

Tommy: "Well Frank, I don't doubt for a second that you do..."

Welcome to the Bitgod Era...

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You know me Tommy, I'm more inclined to hire people that really are family, not just like family."

LOL.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger John Hutt said...

It really would be funny, and sad, to hear how those conversations actually went.

As for Valentine in Tampa, I doubt they would be willing to fork over the cash necessary to land him. They'll likely promote a bench coach on the cheap.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger John said...

Slack: A guy can dream, can't he?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger John Hutt said...

Sure you can dream. My dream is that McCourt goes broke and sells the club to someone who is financial stable, from LA, and cares about the Dodgers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home